2017 Wheeler Lake Association Photography Contest
In Memory of Paul Kohlbeck
September 1, 2016 – August 30, 2017
The Wheeler Lake Association is pleased to sponsor a photography contest open to association members of all ages. If you or your child happens to take some fantastic photographs in the Wheeler Lake area during this coming year, please submit them for judging and the possibilities of prizes! All entrants must give WLA approval to make copies of their entry to be used for future promotions, such as the Wheeler Lake Association Calendar! You must have permission to submit from any other people who are also in your photograph!
- Nature – Plants
- Nature – Animals
- Fun – Family
- Fun – Water
- Ages 5-11 (Elementary Students)
- Ages 12-17 (Middle/High Students)
- Ages 18-100+ (Adults)
One Elementary winner in each of the five categories will receive a $20.00 gift certificate to Sweet’s Candy Store.
One Middle/High winner in each of the five categories will receive a $20.00 gift certificate to Northern Delights Drive In.
One adult winner in each of the five categories will receive a $20.00 to Northern Perks Coffee Shop.
Eligibility: Participants may submit as many entries as they wish, but please send only your very best photographs. Each entrant must submit original works. All information requested must be submitted, or the entry will not be considered in the competition.
Judging: Entries will be judged by WLA members during the fall membership meeting, September 5, 2015.
Submission Details: Both color and b&w pictures are accepted. Please submit all images via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all necessary information included:
• Name of entrant
• Age of entrant at time the photo was taken
• Category: Nature-plants, Nature-animals, Nature-scenery, Fun-water, Fun-family
• Home Address including city, state, Zip
• Email address, if different from the sent email address
• Phone number including area code
• Only JPEG files will be accepted. The size of the images should be 800 pixels as the largest dimension (width or height.) File names should be in the following format: Lastname_Firstname_image1.jpg, Lastname_Firstname_image2.jpg, etc. Do not use special characters or spaces. There should only be one period just prior to the file extension (.jpg).
Deadline: Entries will be accepted until September 1, 2016 midnight (CST). Judging will occur on Saturday, September 4, 2017, during the WLA members’ meeting.
Notification: All winners will be notified via email within 7-10 days after contest ends. All prizes will be mailed via snail mail. All prize amounts are final and are non-negotiable. The decision of the judge(s) is final.
Disclaimer: Above information is correct and may be changed or modified. By entering contest participants will be deemed to have read and agreed to all rules.